Was that the bench test results of one of the Denon models Adrian? I remember an individual posting that not too long ago.

Denon is one of the brands of AVR's that historically have the lowest instances of "shut down" issues being posted here. Denon AVR's are also probably one of the most used AVR's with the M80's among the forum members. So there is a good sample of Denon users. I have only read about one member SRoode putting his Denon into protect mode driving the M80's and VP180. Bear in mind those two speakers are rated at 4 ohm and each speaker has some impedance dips between 100hz and 200hz and also depending on where the crossover is set below 100hz. It was noted that when it did shut down he described it at levels which he does not normally listen to IIRC.

The M80's are fairly sensitive, so they do not need a lot of juice to get good volume in a medium sized room and average listening distance. As the others said and JohnK! within limits and keep the AVR ventilated in an open rack and you should have no problems with the M80 and Denon.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne