Hi all,

I haven't frequented these forums in a long time, but it's nice to see this community still thriving! I've had Axioms in my home theater for almost seven years now, and they still sound amazing to me.

Recently, I pointed a friend of mine to Axiom for his HT project, and I'm heading over to his house for some setup and calibration tonight. He has M22 on-walls for his mains and M2s for surrounds.

His main seating position will be about 9 feet from the front wall and he plans to position the speakers about 8 feet apart (with a 55" LCD in between). This is similar to my setup at home, so thought he'd be in good shape for stereo imaging and even a phantom center if he chooses not to dive into a center channel right away.

Thinking further, though, I have my M60s "toed-in" a bit to help with imaging, but that doesn't seem to be an easy option with the on-walls. Does anyone have any tips they can share for on-wall speakers? Do they simply need to be placed closer together than floorstanders to get proper imaging since they can't be pointed toward the listening position? Any help would be appreciated.