Couple of problems with your suggestion John:
In reply to:

I still say that the sub should be behind an M60. Say left corner,about an inch from the wall behind, with the driver pointed left at the sidewall about a foot away. Left M60 immediately in front of it, similar to right M60 placement.

The sub is presently about 8 inches from the back wall which means i already have very little room to push it back.
Second, moving the M60 in front of the sub now puts it an extra foot out further from the back wall essentially cutting the horizontal distance from my sitting position to the speaker from 8 feet to 7 or less which is already too close.
Third, moving the left M60 that far left destroys any chance of having a reasonable triangle and instead greatly increases the off axis angle to about 110 to 120 degrees.

In reply to:

TV moved about 2' to the left to center.

Lastly, if the tv were move 2' to the left, it would be off center from the entire couch except for the person siiting at the very far left. At the present time, the TV is centered just to the middle of the couch. An above view diagram would be more helpful i imagine but i would have to draw it to scale to show exactly the problem with this room.
Perhaps this picture set will better show the tv locale in relation to the couch as well as the speakers in relation to the rest of the room furnishings for which i also cannot move. Keep in mind the couch CANNOT be moved at all backwards b/c of the staircase.
(Do not let the off angle shot fool you. The centre of the couch is the centre of the tv and the left hand seat position is right in front of the left M60.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."