It also works with local cable. The idea is that you connect the HDMI out of the cable box/DVR into the Google TV box (at least the Logitech Revue). Then you connect the IR interface of the Revue into your DVR/tuner. Then you can use the Google TV search interface to find things to watch. Once you find what you want it'll tune in the right channel. When connected to a compatible DVR it can index the programs stored there, and queue up what ever you want to watch, or schedule new recording. The HDMI in goes into a video processor that enables the pic-in-pic.

Actually the Logitech Revue is Harmony enabled so any device that a Harmony remote can control, it can too, along with being able to pull the codes directly from the Internet.

I just wonder how useful it'd be without cable. It can do Netflix and Amazon Unboxed, and I'm sure Hulu Plus and every other streaming service will be coming soon.

I can see how some people may really love this, but I'll wait and see. Being able to control everything via Harmony with my Android phone might be...unique.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris