Hi,

I'm looking forward to purchasing a pair of Axioms and I'm torn between the 3 speakers above. I've read the reviews of the M22's and M40's, but haven't heard too much about the M50's besides Randyman's review vs. M60's (M50's outlet is my budget limit - for now).

We use our stereo 60/40 music/DVD's. Am looking to build a nice home theater system and am wondering which main speakers to start with, and I hope to eventually fill in with Axiom center and surrounds. Our current room is 14' x 12' with the speakers to be placed on the 14' wall.

I believe I want to purchase towers, I've been listening to a decent set of bookshelf speakers for years, but after auditioning some tower types, and reading the review of the M40 v. M3 on soundstage, I think the fuller sound of the M40 is what I'm aiming for.

However if the m22's are really THAT excellent, I will buy them first. I have a 12" 250 watt subwoofer, JBL PB12, a gift I recently received. While I was not looking for a SW, the depth and power it has added to my listening environment are wonderful, and it compliments my current speakers very well. I wonder how well the PB12 will integrate with the M22's, if anyone can answer that.

M40's v. M50's - I wonder if anyone can give me any insight as to the tonal quality of the midrange on the M50 -I'm interested in having the extra base provided by the extra woofer, but I wonder if the extra punch obscures the midrange at all.

Thanks in advance,

DL

DL