It seems like there are quite a number of ways to accomplish this mirroring of data to the NAS. I've already copied my media and documents manually, but now I'm looking for a way to sync the folders on my computer's drive with the folders on the NAS. Right now I'm letting SyncToy 2.1 do its thing.... All of the options I've come across so far require me to run a sync process. Even if it's a scheduled event, it's not as convenient as I'd hoped for. Am I blind, or is there not a way to have the sync happen automatically with every change? How would you do this? If I can't do that easily, I suppose I'll just set up a weekly backup of all of my media and documents. I'll use the NAS as my normal storage location for those files and let it save a backup image to my computer's current media/documents drive. It would be great to have a direct, instantaneous mirror of the data, though.

I haven't even attempted to see how to do any backing up of my parents' Macs yet. I still have zero personal experience with using Macs. Like me, the things they'll want to back up are media and documents. Anyone have any tips on how they'd go about easily backing those up to the NAS? Thanks for any insight you can offer.