Wow it has been a long minute since I have had input on this forum!

I saw this thread and had to comment. When going for a TV, the brand you spend your money on is the quality you'll get. With that being said, Samsung/Panasonic/Sony are the big 3 here and I would suggest sticking with those brands.

Now as for LCD/Plasma, everyone has their own opinion, I prefer LCD for no particular reason other than price. LCD is cheaper, and I can see no reason not to take the cheaper LCD offering over the plasma.

Thirdly, goto bestbuy or whatever and find the TV your parents like (I personally think Samsung is the bomb), and then order that model from Amazon.com (or find out what older model corresponds with that current model and order that from amazon instead). They generally have the best prices on electronics and will deliver the TV to their doorstep (no hastle). Amazon.com also has older models that the big stores will no longer carry, which is actually what I did when I bought.

Amazon has an LCD section that ranks the top bought TVs at the moment, check it out here (http://goo.gl/rWhtd). Based on this, I would recommend the Samsung LN46C630 (currently at #3)

There you have it!!

Last edited by Hutzal; 11/10/10 04:46 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com