Hello All,

In my quest for a new receiver I have been downloading various owner's manuals just to read up a bit more on the receivers I've been looking at. I noticed with the Pioneer Elite models you can actually set them up to bi-amp your main speakers (if you have a 5.1 or smaller system). Looks like you have to configure it in the menu that way and then simply following the directions for wiring up your main speakers.

Anyone out there try this? If so did you notice any difference in sound?

If I am understanding this correctly you would be in essence giving yourself 200 wpc to your fronts instead of 100 wpc. This seems like a pretty neat feature, especially for someone like me who is much more of a stero/music listener and doesn't have any plans to go beyond a 5.1 system.

I also noticed in the Yamaha 2400 receiver you can use the A/B selector switch/connections to bi-wire your speakers. Anyone out there trying this? I would think this wouldn't provide as potentially dramatic results...but it still strikes me as a very thoughtful feature. If nothing else you could double the gauge of speaker cable you use which I found never really hurts.