tomtuttle - Thanks for the encouragement! Buying w/o auditioning is an odd exercise. However, I did get my SVS PCi 20-39 last month in the same manner (user reports/reviews) and I have been happily surprised with the introduction to the LFE world.

Per your suggestion, I'll go with the standard QS8 brackets for now; quad pole design really precludes the need for twisting/tilting in my current room. Maybe a way to add some spacers to give me a little wiggle room for the wires. Also came across a picture showing some type of channel covering the wire on the wall.

Most importantly, the comment about the VP100 REALLY helps. My research says that the VP150 is special, but the VP100 is no slouch in it's own right. Discussing all of this with my wife tonight was very positive, but she was concerned about something that big hanging above the TV. I suppose I can live with the VP100 based on what I have read. Thanks again.

zarak - Thanks for the tip about Syracuse. Joe spent 40 minutes on the phone with me today. The customer sefvice rumors are understated. He actually sold me down a bit. When I call to order the speakers tomorrow (I am SO easy!), I'll ask him about Syracuse.

littleb - Your comments echo the overwhelmingly positive input I have found on these products. I spent months doing research and last March, I put my HT together (50" Sony GWII, Denon DVD-1600, AVR-1803, DVM-4800 and Sony HD200 Sat) based on the comments/reviews of users and their experience. I am extremely pleased with the results.

If I could just get to the VP150...

Anyhow, thanks to all of you - very helpful.

Ray

Last edited by Ray3; 02/04/04 01:49 AM.