Hello folks,
I have been lurking on this forum for about 4 months and have been the proud owner of a set of M3s for a couple of months. I purchased the M3s for a small room that did not have any possibility for a subwoofer, they are hooked up to a vintage Marantz 2270 for stereo music listening and I think they are pretty close to the perfect tool for my application, I absolutely love them (I would ask to be buried with them, except I don't want to deprive one of my heirs the enjoyment of their sound).

I am looking to confirm and possibly get some advice on a HT application, this will be my first one. I have a room that is only 9x12, the seating position would only be 8 feet from the screen. I am pretty sure about a VP100 and QS4s and a Hsu STF-1 or 2 subwoofer (only $20 difference between the two right now and I can pick it up locally). My internal debate is M2 or M22 for the R/L. Not really on a budget, just really hate spending anymore than I have to in order to get the job done.

Also, as far as a receiver I am partial to Onkyo and they have a refurb TX-SR508 for $199 or I could pick up a new TX-SR608 for $379, looks like the 508 has more features than I will ever use?

Any and all comments are welcomed, thank you.
Scott

Scott
Marantz 2270, M3v3