Originally Posted By: bdpf
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I've got a Panasonic DMP-BD65 and have had a lot of problems with it, which seem to keep getting worse. I'll be happy the day I can toss it into the trash when I get my Oppo.

I've had the DMP-BD35 for 2 years and never had one problem with it. I also agrre that if I would have the money, I would probably try an Oppo just to see exactly what is the noise around it all about.

I had the DMP-BD35 before this one and never had a problem with it either (other than I just wore it out). But the DMP-BD65 stops playing at least once during a movie, pauses for a couple of seconds with blank tv screen, then resumes playing. It doesn't matter which firmware I use. I've tried both older and newer. Yesterday for the first time while I was playing a music CD, it started all over again with the HELLO message and I had to press play to get it going.

I traded it in once, during the 30 day trade in period at Best Buy, because the first one I bought had the same problem.

With the new one, it didn't happen right away, but developed this problem later.

Last edited by CatBrat; 11/19/10 04:10 PM.