I would not consider myself an audiophile by any means (I'm sure I even spelled it wrong). About a year ago I decided to upgrade to seperates. I opted for the Sherwood Newcastle A-965 and th P-965. I am very happy with both of them. They listed for 1500 a piece. Axiom did offer them at one point, and I think there might have been a little more if memory serves me right. I had the exact same price point that you did. I ended up buying the set along with their dvd/sacd player for about 1500 bucks. I did have to do a fair bit of searching around the internet before I found them. If you are able to come across a new set, because I don't even know if Sherwood makes them anymore, I dont think you would be dissapointed. Now one thing I don't like about them is the menu setup. It is absoluntly aweful in my opinion. But once I screwed around with all the settings for about half a day, it was worth the small investment. Keep in mind shipping might not be cheap, the amp is very heavy.

The P-965 may not meet your needs if you are using it for video switching as there are only component video ports available. In my case, I only cared about the sound quality.

Hope my 2 cents helps out.

Cheers, Brendan

Last edited by Brendan; 11/24/10 10:15 AM.