OK.....first thing I surmised is that the hum that I noticed on the QS8's was also evident on the M60's but only from the tweeter. Next thing I tried was unplugging the cable from the wall. No affect - still hummed. The hum did not change with the volume control on the receiver. Next I unplugged the sub cable and the hum vanished. So I pulled the sub out and to my dismay the cable snagged on the tv stand and the input jack broke off the sub panel - completely off. I can stick it back on but....Would it do any good to super glue it back on?? Luckily (or maybe unluckily) I have replaced the amp several times and I remembered JC telling me the Input and Output Jacks were linked. I plugged the cable back into Output Jack and, Voila, the sub still worked but the hum was still there. Reading Alan's article, I removed the chassis ground screw and that killed the hum. So....Hum gone, input jack gone, Dimmer stays....

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill