LFE means that the M80s roll off the frequencies below the crossover to the subwoofer.

LFE+MAIN means that the M80s play full range (no roll off) but the frequencies below the crossover are also played by the subwoofer. Onkyo calls this “Double Bass.”

With both these setting the subwoofer is playing the frequencies below the crossover so you should always hear more thump.

What exactly do you mean my “thump?” Are you talking about the thump you get in your chest? If so that is in the midbass region. Depending on where you have your subwoofer placed you could have a midbass null like I have in my room. Even with the best placement I couldn’t get rid of the null until Charles sold me his SVS AS-EQ1. Before that I got better midbass thump from my M80s now with the EQ flattening out the null I get just as good midbass from my EP500 though I still think it feels/sounds tighter coming from the M80s. Try moving your subwoofer around to other locations and see how it sounds/feels.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1