Philippe,

If you have a great DAC already, that is going to give you the biggest boost to your sound quality, so you have an excellent start! Headphones are unbelievably nuanced, and a superb DAC will provide the detail you need.

If you wanted to try out my Allesandro MS2's, I could lend them to you. I might even be in the market to sell them. It would be hard to part with them though...

To be honest, you'll lose very little (if any) money from buying a good pair of used headphones because you can sell them again for the same price, if not more. All of my equipment (except my amp) was purchased used.

Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
My at-the-office setup consists of Sennheiser HD650's and a LittleDot MKII Tube amp. They are fed a diet of lossless & 256kbs AAC and the occasional 192kb Pandora stream. In a word, heavenly.

Word. Senn 650's + Exellent DAC + Tube amp = Utter Bliss.

I just acquired a used Music Hall DAC 25.2 (with the highest level mods from affordable audio) and it just notched up my system to a whole 'nother level. I was lucky to find it. Has a tube in the output stage for the RCA outs, too. Here's a pic, because I know you guys love pictures. smile

Lights...ON!

Lights....off.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2