A few months ago a large retailer had some floor samples and a salesperson showed me a Yamaha A-S700 and said it was pretty good and that I could have it for $450. It looked ok, I did not listen to it but I wasn't too interested.

A few weeks ago at a different location of the same company there was another one with a little dent in it. I ask how much and I am told $350. I go back the next night and say that I am a buyer at $199 and they counter at $250.

I go back again and the manager on duty was mad and didn't believe me that someone told me 250 the night before. I said I wold buy it for 200 again. He said it was a $1000 amp. I said it was $800 all over the internet. I also said that how many people were walking into his store looking for a 2 channel amp with a little dent?

He got mad and walked away with the amp. He said he was going to have the geeks order a new case for it and he would sell it for $400. He said it was my job as a consumer to save money but it was his job to make money for the company.

2 weeks later I go in to check (tonight). It was there marked at $159.00

I have it hooked up and I am running through some stuff right now. I'll report back later.

I saw the mean manager in the store tonight but I didn't rub it in.

M3 and
M80