I too just got M22s and SS16s. While I love the M22s, I'm really not impressed with the SS16s.

At first I couldn't even set them up because one of the rods wouldn't thread, even when I pulled out the vice grips. (Let me say that Axiom does have excellent customer service, and they did sent out a replacement rod to me at no charge.)

Even after getting them assembled, I expect them to fall apart - actually, one did while I was positioning speakers.
Fortunately I had a hold of the M22 when it happened.

After assembling them a second time, they still aren't sturdy at all. I am unable to tighten the bottom nut enough so the plate on top won't move around - the top cap just spins when I try. As a result, the middle tube, top plate, and bottom can all rotate seperately from one another - not cool.

The top plate also isn't the right size for the Axioms. Ideally, the top plate and the bottom of the m22s would be pre-drilled, so you could securely mount the speakers onto the stands. Of course, I'm not sure there's any point to securely mounting a speaker to a stand that is as unstable as the SS16.

If I didn't love the M22s so much, I would have sent the whole kit back without a second thought. As it is, I give the M22s an A, and the SS16s a D.

16 - 18 inches is the ideal height for a speaker stand in my setup though - what are other people using with their M22s at that height?