It came up talking back and forth with Alan that you could use 2 center channels (one low, one high) to "center" your dialog and get around a center channel behind the screen. He mentioned that if you want to do this you'd of course have to account for a parallel hookup of the speakers which means that in the case of the VP150's you'd be pushing your receiever at 3ohms.

Which leads you to the need for an amp to power them seperately. To be honest I don't know much about amps...I haven't really considered seperates so I hadn't thought about them. If you were trying to power two centers would you need a surround amp to be able to hook the wire into the "center" channel connections? If so, how would you then deliver the audio to the speakers? Would the center channel connections for different sources all be routed through the amp while the other channels simply go through the A/V receiver?

I'm not sure I'm making much sense, and I'm not even saying this is a worthwhile investment of time or money. I'm just curious to understand how it would work now that I've heard about it.

My M60's make me listen
My M80's make my ears hear
Either way - I'm not deaf anymore