Originally Posted By: sirquack
I'm tossing around the idea of getting a VP180 from the auction website. I currently have M80V2's from a few years back. Is anybody using this combination and see any issues with matching or timber issues? I assume not, but wanted to check.

The only problem is that I have the custom Ebony finish which is smooth, and I have yet to see one of them on the auction website, just the standard black oak finish. I would like everything to match, but I might be able to live with standard black.

Positioning of the VP180 in relation to the M80s will have a greater effect on the sound(as minimal as it may be)than whether they are V2 or V3. Speaking of finish, I have M80s in the High Gloss Black, however, in my case, when I took in to consideration, that I keep the grill cloth on and IF you do the same, viewing the speaker from the front and in many cases at night, you probably won't notice any difference in the finish anyway.

I considered spending the considerable extra for the High Gloss Black on the VP180 but when I thought about it and considering the speakers positioning, I decided just to get the stock black finish, give it a little more sheen with some furniture polish, have it delivered considerably faster and save myself a bunch of cash.