Hi again Sarang,

Excellent advice and options from Grunt, kcarlile and others, and yes, you'd still appreciate the superiority of the M80s at quieter listening levels. I have the M80s as well in my apt. but I mentioned the M22s/sub combo because of the placement versatility in an apartment living room.

Grunt's advice on judicious use of the subwoofer is excellent; you'll get some idea of how good the isolation is in your building by simply listening to see if you can hear anything from any other tenants' suites. When I first moved into a rental modern high-rise in Manhattan, it was one of the noisiest buildings I'd ever lived in. I could clearly follow the lyrics of the Dylan songs played my neighbors.

My current place is wonderful--the old 1930s "pre-war" buildings have walls that are very thick. Even so, very deep organ pedal notes from the EP500 travel through the structure and I can just detect them as a weird non-directional reverberation from the foyer of my building.

I still limit the maximum levels I could potentially use with the EP500 and the M80s because I don't want to risk annoying anyone. I think you'll be fine with the sub and the M80s provided you regulate the playback levels based on how soundproof you think your building is.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)