Thanks Alan!

it is a bit strange.

I just checked the sub and it says it's 165 watts. Perhaps they bumped up the specs after 1996? Strange that the 'vintage axiom' link lists it at 400 watts.

Anyways, anyone have any idea what a reasonable asking price would be if i sell it used? Seeing as the powered versions used to retail for $899-$999? I should also mention the amp on the sub makes a very low humming. You can't really hear it unless you're a couple of feet away, and i wouldn't consider it a serious issue, but obviously it would knock a few bucks off the asking price. I was thinking maybe $350??

I'll have to call axiom and get them to help me set up this sub with my new yamaha amp. I previously had it set up with a pioneer amp and i was happy with it, but i can't seem to get it matched with the yamaha. One of the reasons i was thinking of upgrading to a new sub was the new yamaha amp doesn't have a powered switch so i have to turn the axiom sub on/off manually....which is very annoying. i still don't understand why new amps axed the powered switch!

Last edited by Rui; 01/21/11 07:55 PM.