Originally Posted By: jakewash
It depends on how much room you have behind for the rear channels. If there is a significant amount of room for diffusion to take place(min~6ft) then M2s could be used, M2s because they are a better tonal match for the rest of the speakers. If you have less room then I would suggest using the QS series again the nod goes to the QS8s for the same driver compliment thus same timbre match.

Thanks for all the input everyone! I must say that I love my QS8's and would consider getting another set for the rear. But the M2's that jakewash is talking about might be a better choice. Let me describe my listening room to give everyone a better idea of my thought process:

It's 17'L x 14'W with vaulted ceilings. My listening position is 10' away from the rear of the room. When I add the 2 rear channels, they will have to be mounted on the wall approximately 8' up with a 30 degree down angle. My concern is that there will be too much dispersion of sound and that more of a direct firing speaker would be needed.

So, does that change anyone's opinion?

Thanks again for all the help. You guys have been great!