OK. All you folks who have punched holes in your walls to run speaker cables for your QS8s or QS4s, I need your help.

I suppose I should explain what I'd like to do. From my receiver, I'll just run the cables along the baseboard until just below where the speaker will be mounted on the wall. I don't have a problem with that as the cables will be mostly hidden by furniture, etc. At that point I'd like to punch a hole right above the baseboard, run the cable up inside the wall and out through another hole so I don't have this ugly, 12 gauge, clear PVC insulated, bright copper wire dangling from a QS8 down the wall to the floor.

How the heck to do you do that? No, not punching the holes. That much I can do. But how do you fish the cables into the hole at the baseboard, then haul it up inside the wall, and get it out through the hole where the speaker will be mounted? As you might have figured, "handyman" is not an appellation easily applied to this klutz

I know about the cable concealers that one can pick up at Home Depot, and If I can't (or am too chicken) to get the cables into the wall, that's the way I'll probably go. But, even that option is less than desirable.

I'm also aware of the really flat wire that has an adhesive backing, and can be painted to match the wall. In fact, I have some. But, it is only 18 gauge. I don't think it's advisable to run 12 gauge from the receiver then splice it into 18 gauge for the run up the wall, is it? If I'm wrong, let me know and my problem is solved.

Any suggestions will be welcomed. Thank you.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton