my HT room is 15 x 16 x 8 and the 16 side opens via a 4' passage all the way to the other end of the house which is 30'. i have an emotiva XPA-5 powering my front 3 which includes a pair of M80v3's and a VP180v3 center.

if i have my volume about 1/4 of the way up while watching a blu-ray movie, lossless (action movie) it's loud but good, just where it's tolerable and not ear damaging. if i turn it up to 1/2 the way it's almost deafining and i'd have to go all the way back to the other end of the house,at the 30' wall to stand it. 3/4 of the way up there is no way i can stand it even at the 30' wall, it actually hurts my ears, head, it's just too damn loud. if i was playing an SACD and turned it up 1/2 it would crack my skull--i tried it with John Mayer "heavier things" DSD about 1/2 way and i had an instant headache, the music was crystal clear but it really hurt my head and i wasn't near reference levels either.

think quality and not quantity. the 80 series will take everything you have that you can give it and turn it into incredible audio (quality and level wise) i dont' like loud music, but it's nice to know that if i wanted to or for some reason needed to, i could crank it a bit and it would loosen fillings in my teeth!

Oh yeah, the XPA-5 barely just gets warm to the touch even after playing movies and gaming at the 1/4 volumes for several hours in a row. the other two speakers on the XPA-5 are a pair of QS8v3 surrounds. I have a pair of M2v3's doing surround back duty powered by an emotiva UPA-2.

I know not everyone likes or loves the emotiva amps but they have always done right by me and they have powered all of my Axiom speakers in my HT 7 channel system without a problem or exception; no excuses either and my front 3 are crossed over at 40hz so i do put that amp to work during movies! still, barely warms up!

best of luck, hope you can find what your looking for. please keep us posted.

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93