These boards are great! Kudos to Axiom for providing such a valuable resource and for allowing free discussion. Especially discussion that sometimes recommends other companies products (HSU,SVS). Of course, I would have have been much less likely to choose the Axioms without all of the information and reviews that I've read here.

Here's what I'm about to order: 2xM22, VP100, 2xQS4, and an (ahem) HSU STF-2. I've got a Harman Kardon AVR-230 sitting here waiting for the speakers. BTW, jandr.com is selling the H/K for $380 shipped, and my local dealer (I'm in Portland, Oregon) matched the price.

I'm staying with the smaller speakers because of the all important SAF (spousal approval factor). In fact, the reason that I'm upgrading is that my wife hates my current huge speakers: dual-ported towers each with 12" woofer and 12" passive woofer. I'm anticipating a significant improvement in sound over my 10-year-old Technics rack system. :-)

I think I'll order black; I really like the cherry finish, but again the SAF comes into play--and my wife says she prefers black. I think it's probably the right choice; the paint is a (tasteful) shade of yellow. For those of you that have black speakers, do they look "cheaper" than the cherry finish, or do they look just as nice?

Any final words of advice before I fire off this order?

thanks,
Robert