Originally Posted By: Philippe

So, should we trust Audyssey ?

doveryai, no proveryai

Originally Posted By: Alan Lofft

Also (and I've said it before here many times) Audyssey and other auto-setup/EQ systems are error-prone so don't rely on their settings as absolute. If your ears tell you otherwise, then play with the crossover settings and the Small/Large settings. It varies so much with room size and with speaker location.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthre...true#Post305222

Conventional wisdom is a simplified way of doing things for the masses. It makes things easy for John Q. Public by not presenting him with to many options. I submit that if you bought Axiom or most other well regarded speakers you are not that average Joe and would benefit from trying out all aspects of your system, including Audyssey. Other conventional Audyssey wisdom is to use only direct radiating speakers in all positions, including surround and back, which precludes the use of Axiom QS speakers which not only are Bipole design but further complicate EQ calculations by having drivers facing in 4 rather than 2 or 3 directions like most Bipole speakers.

Please try out Audyssey. You may find that you like what it does. You may find that you like the Audyssey “Flat Curve” better than the “Audyssey Curve.” You may find that you like what Audyssey does for your bass but not the mid-range or highs. In the end you should be the one to determine what sounds best to you not me, another person or a consensus of opinion on an internet forum.

Cheers,
Dean

Last edited by grunt; 03/07/11 02:40 AM. Reason: Axiom doesn't do Cyrillic

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1