Originally Posted By: julian_y
Thanks for all the detailed explanations, Bruno. Judging from your signiture, you don't have a sub, right? Are these towers annoying your neighbours? Since this will be my concern if I live at an apartment.

Well, actually, I just purchased a sub a couple of weeks ago, just forgot to update my signature. However, I've had the M80s for over a year without a sub and honestly, there is nothing missing for music (at least not what I listen to). For movies, yes, I was missing the deep rumbling also if you turn the M80s loud enough, they're still able to shake my hardwood floor, just not like the sub, they have some very good bass on their own. As for the neighbors, I live in a semi, I never asked but I am sure if I crank them, they'll hear the bass, I just keep it low at night.
I see that you're in Toronto, I'm in Stouffville (NE of Markham). This weekend, I happen to be by myself which doesn't happen very often (wife and kids going to the in-laws for the weekend). Also my room is far from being perfect, you're welcome to come and listen to my setup if you want, just to give you an idea. Just send me a PM.

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."