I am a newbie lurking these boards for awhile now and have learnt a lot from all your experiences.

I am currently trying to setup a HT system for my family room which is about 14'x14' with a 9' ceiling and opening to the kitchen (as shown in the attached image).

[image]http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v71/rajeshkumar/home.gif[image]

Because of the fireplace, I am forced to place the TV in the corner. The room is prewired in the ceiling (shown by blue circles) for a 5.1 system. But since the TV is in the corner, the ceiling fronts and center would not work and so I am considering the M22 speakers in stands on the sides of the TV (shown by red circles) with the VP100 on top of the TV. But I want to use the ceiling wires for the side/rear speakers and am considering converting the RL, RR and FL to SL, Rear, and SR channels with three QS4 speakers.

Also, my movie/music is about 50/50.

Now my questions are:

1) Will the above speaker placement give a good HT experience?

2) I am thinking of either a HSU STF1 or STF2 for a subwoofer and am considering putting it behind the TV in the corner. Will this be alright?

3) I currently have a HK AVR-325 receiver. Will this be a good match for the speakers I am considering?

TIA,

Raj