Bruno, keep in mind that when correctly calibrated a sub isn't supposed to be heard as a separate entity; it's as if it wasn't on but the speakers are putting out more bass. This is the way that I have my EP500 calibrated, but a lot of owners want to "hear" what they've paid good money for and set it several dB "hot". This is especially the case in movies as compared to music(e.g., there's no "natural" level for explosions, etc. as compared to deep bass in music).

On the "Trim" setting, I also have it set at "Full". The result except in very large rooms is an overall response that is flatter than on the "Flat" setting. This is because room gain occurs at frequencies relative to the longest room dimension and affects the first 20-40Hz octave in typically-sized rooms, making it unbalanced with respect to mid-bass frequencies. Therefore a boost in those higher frequencies results in a more, not less, even overall bass response. In cars the longest dimension is much shorter and the "room" gain begins at a much higher frequency, which can result in some very loud bass indeed over a very wide range of bass frequencies.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.