I have a Samsung HLN-507W. It's pretty good, but no TV is perfect. The main problem I have is periodic "color banding" (looks like an 8-bit color depth PC video card) on certain material. It's most obvious on blue sky or blue underwater shots where color is same but intensity varies in visible bands. It doesn't happen all the time, so maybe it's an MPEG-2 compression issue on the source material. It seems much less with DVI sources, such as my V, Inc. Bravo D1 DVD player, so maybe it's A/D conversion limitation on analog component sources.

When you get into HDTV, you quickly find it's a complicated, expensive and less mature technology. It's great most prime time network are HD, but the options for recording HD are very limited. Fortunately this will change over the next year, with HD recorders from the cable and sat providers.

The main competition to the Sammy DLP seems to be the Sony Grand Wega III LCD rear projectors. They're a little cheaper, but have their own tradeoffs. See http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=63 for more info.