Sometime this month i will buy the M80's. They will replace my well worn Polk SDA 1C's. Very good speakers, but can no longer get them fixed, as 1 driver pops, and that was a replacement from Polk (made in China) which will not handle the volume.

Now i have done some looking around for info on these, some people seem to think there "bright" Which in it self is not a deal breaker, i can always pull back on the treble control on the preamp. But that may not be true anyway.

They need to fill the same room space as the Polks would, which is an 16X28 foot basement room, with carpet on the floor and a 8 foot droped ceiling. I play anything from Bach to Rock, mostly classic rock, but with "some Metal" thrown in there. I don't need my ears to bleed from some Kiss, extreme high vocal stuff, but on the flip side If i play the 1812 i want to "FEEL" the Cannons in my gut. These speakers will be played LOUD...
I have moved to GA and have no "HI-FI" place to go to anymore, so i just want to make sure these speakers will handle this before i buy them. Not found of trying to ship stuff back, if i don't like it.
The Polks sit about 1 foot off the back wall, i hope the M80's don't need to sit any farther of the wall, as they would really stick out in the room.