Mathew, you made a comment earlier about the concern with the M22's not being as "good as" the M60s or M80s... Even those with M80s (if they are being honest) get a little more low end than the M60s, but even that gets to be somewhat minimal if using a subwoofer.

Again, these are all designed very well and like I said, I almost went M22s for fronts but when talking to Alan at Axiom years ago, I was putting my setup in a much larger space, and the fear was that the speakers wouldn't be able to move enough of the air to be enveloping for movies (although they would sounds great for music), so I got the M60s and a big sub (again because I had a lot of air to move). Your space isn't very big and the M22s would provide you with great clarity for music and still plenty of "umph" for movies. Plus they will be an easier sell, I would think, with your wife due to their smaller size.

You may find that not only would the M22s sound great on their own, but possibly even better than the tower speakers due to the shape of the room and such blocking some of the sounds and creating strange reflection points with the bigger speakers.

The QS surrounds are very forgiving in their placement. I used to have them on my back wall and they were really, really good. When I put them to the side walls they were just a little better, that is all. I've seen pictures of people having one on a back wall, and one on a side wall due to odd available mounting locations. I believe that they just calibrated their systems to compensate in volume and tonal adjustment.

Good luck. And just remember who mentioned the M22s to you first... wink (Oh wait, that was CatBrat...)

Last edited by nickbuol; 04/08/11 01:53 AM.

Farewell - June 4, 2020