I am no expert, but I had te M80's with a Denon 3805 and a EP175 ..... too bad I never got to hear that EP175, because the M80's drowned it out and if I went loud enough the EP175 distorted and through a fit. SO, I wouldn't put money into another and regulate the cutey to the den.
As in another post I have, I thought two EP400's would compliment the M80's , but I was advised by everyone not to. It is only good for small rooms. Don't understand yet why they make a EP175 for small rooms and a EP175 for small rooms. I guess at $800 more they generate more income. I am sure in a small room the EP174 will play just fine and loud enough, so why spend more ???

Ummm another thing is the M80's are a tall speaker as is and putting them up another two fet is not a great thing either as the tweets will be two feet over your head. The tweeters should be ear height when sitting. Also M80 within a few inch of a side wall and up against a back wall, could get pretty boooommmyyyy. I would leave them on the floor and maybe just one EP600 in a corner ( I know WAF ) but maybe one would blend in in the corner.
I am too building a house and movie room, but I compromised I get a ceramic shower with jets everywhere. and 50% say in the kitchen she gets every other room, except man room. She has no say on decor, colour speaker sizes, anything nadda nadda. lol

Ahhh the tv over the fireplace ...... my brother has that done too, with a 42" and after an hr of visiting and watching tv I got to take a Tylonol for neck pain. Try it, frst it is like sitting in the second row seats at a movie theatre.

Yeh, I wold say the rears are way too far back. and if they got to go that far back then maybe a VP150 is best. As the M2 are not meant for horizontal alignment

Pioneer sc-1525
M80 HG Cherry