I had used M3's as rear surrounds and in my smaller room it added no benefit. The sound character of the M3 also didn't blend as well with the QS8 and front speakers.

I love the M3 speakers but as 2 channel or 2.1. I would like to try them with 3 across the front in a second setup. I will play with that as some point as I have M3 outdoors and M3 on walls boxed up in the bassment.

As a side when I switched to QS8's for side and back once again in my smaller room the rears didn't add much but 7 channel music sounded better than with the M3. QS8 sides are wonderful and really have the ability to envelope you and produce sound from behind you.

I just redid my bassment theater flipping the room and left the rear QS8's in place to use as front "Presence" speakers for my Yamaha. I'm still playing with the new settings to utilize the "Presence" speakers and I'm not sold on them yet. The one nice thing is the Dialogue Lift option that will use the "Presence" speakers along with the center channel to ancor the center on the screen.

Flipping the room was the best decision though as it gives me a wider sound stage and running 5.1 sounds so much better than the old setup in 5.1 or 7.1

I will try to post some picks of V1 and V2 of my setup later this weekend in another post.

High Gloss Cherry
M60 VP150 QS8
Open for Auditions but please don't drool on the High Gloss