I have a sofa with a chaise longue at one end, and while it sort of hooks onto the rest of the sofa, it doesn't do so in a way that will transfer any of the feel of the ButtKicker. I intended to get a second ButtKicker at some point, anyway, since I figured two mounted directly to the platform that I'll have my seating mounted to should give plenty of satisfying shake. Does that seem reasonable?

However, I'm tempted to try another brand of tactile transducer just to try one. Clark Synthesis and Crowson spring to mind, but do you think it's worth trying it, or should I simply stick with ButtKicker?

My current plan is to have a platform on which the front row is elevated not very much at all, and the back row maybe a foot higher. At first I was going to have a row of three theater seats in the front so that that the front middle seat is the sweet spot. The rear seats were going to be a group of four, staggered from the front to further minimize any possibility for heads being in the way. Now I'm sort of thinking it should be a sofa of some sort, since some of my friends seem to be against theater seats. It would at least allow someone to really stretch out if they have the back seat to themselves. Does this sound like a good idea?

Rather than use wireless keyboard and mouse, or even wireless 360 controllers, I'm thinking of having USB hubs mounted to the riser, too, since it shouldn't have far to travel from the equipment closet to the riser. I'm getting tired of recharging my 360 controllers, and I like the new black wired controllers. Having USB hubs for my PC, my Xbox 360, and my PS3 seems like it would be pretty slick. The only thing is that it seems really hard to find rugged, attractive USB hubs. Anyone have a line on one?

If possible, I'd also like to use the riser as an acoustic treatment. Does anyone have a reference link for how to best accomplish this?

Also, remind me what heights would be best for the heads to be at for acoustics. Or, if it's easier, what heights should be avoided. As in, should I simply avoid having ears equidistant from the ceiling and the floor? I can't remember the rule.

Thanks, guys. Hopefully I'll be able to post more soon with actual, meaningful changes to my system.