First, a general "thanks" for all of the advice I have received in these forums. It helped a lot.

Further, I'm extremely impressed with Axiom, and I haven't even seen my speakers yet. They provide these boards as a resource (and allow positive reviews of other companies products), have incredible customer service, and send out sample veneers at no charge. I think I've made four or five calls to Axiom, and every one has been helpful.

Today, my electrician friend helped me finish up the in-wall wiring. Actually, he did all the work; all I could do was watch and wish I knew how to do all of that nifty stuff.

I rewired everything inside my cabinet, hooked up my new H/K AVR-230 and connected the subwoofer. I'm astonished at what a $400 ($500 list) receiver can do. Receivers have come a *long way* in the last decade. Even the remote is amazing--the functionality, that is. Ease-of-use has yet to be determined.

My 12-year-old Technics tower speakers don't sound too awful set to "small" in this configuration. But, there's a tremendous amount of sibilance. The "Vmax" mode even sounds decent with movies. I can hardly wait to hear the full 5.1 sound through my Axioms, which will arrive Monday: M22s, VP100, and 2 QS4s. I'll post my first impressions.

Robert