Originally Posted By: Seekinganswers
What are some ways to hide speaker wires running to the side and rear surround speakers? Id like to wire them inside the walls but i dont have any experience with dry wall.

Hi Seeking,

After installing my four QS8 surround speakers I had wires running all over the room.
My theater room is in a bonus room so I could either run the wires in the attic above or in the garage below.
I also considered running behind the baseboards and I even considered running flat wire under the carpet.

I'm not really a DIY guy so I was concerned that I would make a total mess of our relatively new home.
The thought of removing baseboards or drilling holes through the walls was a major concern.
I was talking to a friend about this dreaded project and he mentioned the geek squad at Best Buy.

They installed four 30 foot runs (12 Gauge THX cert.) through the attic and inside the walls to banana plug speaker plates at each speaker and a master banana plug speaker plate behind the AV receiver.
They did a very professional job and the finished job looks extremely clean.

It took 2 installers approximately 4 hours and 2 of those hours were in the attic!
The total cost was just over $300 which was an amazing deal in my books.
Money well spent. wink

Zak

Last edited by Zak; 05/31/11 02:27 AM.