Save a bit more and get the M60s because a) your room can handle them, b) with M60s you will be able to get by fine without a sub for music (some of us, myself included, even prefer it this way) and you will even be okay without a sub for HT until you can afford one, c) you won't suffer "what if" feelings that lead to repurchasing (and higher spending in the end), d) your upgrade options will be nice, with potential for M2is as rears and/or center if you don't want to get QS8s or VP-100/150s in future.

If you can't pull the plug on M60s, then I'd go with either

• M22s viewing them as your long-term solution, and a great one at that (this is a close second to M60s), OR

• M2is with the idea you'll move them to the rears after you save for M22s or M60s as mains -- virtue here is you will be closer to purchasing a nice sub, if that's what you want next, though personally I'd get fuller-range mains before going sub-sat.
The M3is would seem to make sense if you think you might one day want 5 M3is, as mains/center/rears -- not a bad option. But short of this, the other configs would seem to give you better upgrade options on a budget, since the M22s/M2s/M60s all blend together.

Birdman

"These go to eleven."