Originally Posted By: Mano
Hi

I just bought a pair of M22 onwall, VP150 onwall and a pair of QS8 for sides a couple of weeks ago. One of my M22 has been crackling occassionally. I hear the crackle whether I set them as "small" or "large". I have checked all my wiring & connections. I also switched my right & left speaker to see if it was the connections, but the same speaker continues to crackle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Very good troubleshooting Mano. You eliminated it being any connections as well as the receiver. If the crackling occurs on a variety of recordings than the problem is most definitely the speaker. What you have to check now is whether the crackling is coming from the metal tweeter or the two midrange drivers.

So take the grille off the problematic speaker, put a recording that you remember the speaker crackling on and go up to the speaker and put your ear up to the speaker with that recording playing and try to isolate where that sound is coming from. Since you will be so close to the speaker and for your hearing safety you only need the volume to be low.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne