I'm sure some of you might be interested to know the problem resolution, no?

Well... Brent had me poking around the subwoofer a bit to make sure no internal wires were rubbing/hitting against the aluminum woofer. None were. But during my checking, I noticed that when I pushed down on a certain area of the bulbous rubber ring that runs around the aluminum cone, that a 2 or 3 inch stretch of the outer lip of the rubber rim would push up a little bit. Upon closer inspection, I saw that that section of the rubber had become entirely unglued from the subwoofer chassis.

When I played some heavy bass tracks afterwards, I heard the same rattling as before. Then I continued playing the track while using my fingers to press down along the unglued rubber edge and... PRESTO, perfect bass!

Well, the following day I talked to JC (Brent was away) and was blown away by what a quick and trouble-free solution he offered... he'd just send me an entirely new woofer to install into the box. I thought I would've had to refurbish the thing myself with some super-glue, but no! Very, VERY impressive customer service!!!

So, in a few days, I should be up and running smooth, rattle-free bass. Yay!

Thanks Axiom!