We have a Dish VIP 722K that is going to be feeding the new home theater as well as a TV in the family room in the basement.

This receiver has TV1 with HD output capability, and TV2 with regular TV (coax) output.

The home theater will have a large front projector setup (HD obviously), and the family room will have something around a 55" size HDTV as well.

I have been told that the VIP 722K can output HD content over the HDMI and Component video at the same time with both showing the same TV show or recording so it should work, however since we don't have the basement finished yet, I don't know which wall the TV in the family room will end up on and I would need to run 2 HDMI cables to 2 different locations, one about 10 feet long from the Dish receiver location, and the other about 35 feet from the Dish receiver.

Am I screwing myself in any way by not using HDMI from the Dish 722K in the home theater? My thought is that it is a cleaner install for HDMI to the family room locations as it will sent audio over the cable obviously, and in the home theater I can shoot everything (component and optical audio) through my to be purchased receiver and let it sent everything to the projector and speakers. I hate the idea of an HDMI splitter. I've heard some horror stories about signal issues.

We don't watch much TV in the home theater, but now is the time to wire things up and I've got quick a bit sitting in my Monoprice shopping cart. I'd like to get everything I need now without wasting money.

Farewell - June 4, 2020