Hi Rick,

I've just completed my system with a HSU STF-2 sub. I now have exactly your speakers (receiver is a Denon AVR 1804). I am very happy with all of these.... I was slightly in doubt before adding the subwoofer - something was obviously
missing and I was wondering whether it was not an error to get bookshelves instead of floor-standers (like the M60's). However, after the addition of the STF-2 this is not an issue anymore... The only comment has to do with the center: I find the VP100 very good but I have a 32" TV and I sit no more than 9ft from it, moreover, the size of the VP 150 would have created some placement problems.... all of this to say that you might think about upgrading to the VP150.

For the cables, many people on this board might give you various opinions. My experience has been the following: I am using 12ga cable and first bought somewhat expensive Monster cable, I then got some cheaper Radio Shack wire (also 12ga). I could not discern any difference in the sound...same for other interconnects. In short, besides getting something solid and technically matching the intended use, I do not think you need to spend much on this. By the way, you might want to think about how to terminate your cables: I found it very convenient to use banana plugs at the receiver end and (again for convenience) I used spades at the other end.