when you run Audyssey, it compensates for the differing spl outputs between all speaker and brings them all to a 75dB SPL at your listening position.
it also takes care of phasing between all speakers; this last thing is one reason why the sub distance you can see in Audyssey seems to be sometimes far off.
when i first did my Audyssey calibration, the left front main speaker (M80) was blocking the sub's line of sight to my seating position; Audyssey said my sub was about 16 ft from my seating position, the actual distance was more like 12 ft;
about a week later, i moved the front speakers out from the side of the tv to near the side walls, a difference of about 1 foot, and i could now see the sub from my sitting position. rerunning Audyssey, the reported distance sub/seating pos. was now 9 or 10 ft., very near the actual distance.
i'm inclined to think the difference was caused by phasing, and i know the distances should not be changed manually, Audyssey knows what it's doing and why.

1: your values seem to be ok; as long as the numbers aren't + or - 12 dB, that's all right.
if some values were at 12, this would indicate the adjustments are at the end of the possible adjustment scale and need to be corrected.
your Center at -8dB indicates that the outpût had to be decreased by 8 db to bring it in line to the 75dB standard.

2: Audyssey has set the channel levels for you; if you change them manually, your levels will not be equal in each speaker.
you should never touch them. it's not easy to manually adjust speaker levels with a SPL meter; the needle always moves. moreover, if done manually with a SPL meter, one should use band limited pink noise, 500-2000Hz i think.
Audyssey will do it easily and with good precision.

3: if you use "relative", then your "normal" playback level for movies is 0.0dB. your receiver should have a control that will prevent you from going over this level; at least mine does...
i don't know about using "absolute", i haven't tried it.

4: using Audyssey, you only have to go through the calibration routine as per the detailed article i gave you the address for in AVS forum.
when it's done, you have to change all speaker settings to "small" instead of "large", then, always in your receiver setup, set the crossover to 80Hz, and then change the LPF to 120Hz.
this way you'll get the best out of your sub.

you really don't need to do anything else than what is detailed out in this AVS forum article.
just follow the instructions very carefully, and you should enjoy beautiful sound.
if the result is not very good, then maybe you have a room that's too "live"; if so, then you should treat the room to absorb/diffuse the reflections/standing waves. in reality, this should be done before you use Audyssey; the result would then be much better.

hope this helps. :-)

Last edited by J. B.; 09/03/11 05:56 PM.