I've been mulling over many-a-options on what to do next. Many of you have steered me in the direction of getting my speakers first...but that was before my potential problem. I'm in the state of what you call...ANXIOUS! I have an old 5.1 Sony receiver which handles 4 ohms, so naturally I've been looking at the M80s. But...that receiver has had problems of late. It's in the shop as we speak. It may or may not make it out in one piece. I brought it home last week and my right surround just went out 2 days after I brought it back home. They say it may not be repairable, my problem. So I'm stuck with the inevitable. REPLACEMENT!
The obvious dilema is...I want to buy M80s...which is short of a grand if get the factory seconds. Now I need to go out and buy something that will handle 'said' speakers. I've tossed between seperates and all-in-one units. The only reason I would go all-in-one is to get up and running faster and then buy a seperate amp later (thus creating seperates anyway).
So my first question is...what would you do? And then, what would you get?

My criteria is I want to get to a 7.1 surround system that will kick my butt for under 2K.

Thanks all in advance!

"We're on the island of Misfit Toys"