I can also recommend the VP100. It seems to match the M22's very nicely, and has good vertical and horizontal dispersion. I couldn't personally stomach the size of the VP150 in my room, and neither could my stereo rack. However, if you have a really big room, maybe the VP150 would be worth it.

The surround speakers are also an interesting issue. I have had a stereo-only rig until recently. You have to ask yourself how much will you listen to sources in stereo. While I have gone from ~80/20 stereo/HT to ~60/40 stereo/HT since getting a surround receiver, I also realized that most movies don't make that much use of the surround channels.

Obviously most movies that are more than ten years old have little or no intentional surround encoding, and many new movies still only use them for occasional gimmicks. I just watched Ghostbusters last night, and they only mixed the surround channels with a few effects like Slimer going from front to back and with some of the music tracks going into all the speakers. Much more immersive? Sometimes. But is it worth spending more money on the surrounds, when they might get 1/5th the use of the main speakers? Also consider that a much cheaper speaker like the M2 might sound better with DVD-audio and SACD than a bi-pole / di-pole / quad-pole design.

Just remember to have fun,
Cooper