Five years ago, IMHO URC definitely provided a superior model for those who required and were knowledgeable & patient enough to do some custom programming. At the time, Harmony (now Logitech) was much more limited in being restricted to whatever the GUI downloadable configs could do back then. Harmony was definitely the better average consumer choice though. Probably still are and that is why they are more successful today.

For instance at that time, programming double click codes to simulate an unavailable, discrete on/off code was not an option on Harmonys. For me, the ability to do things like getting deep enough into my Denon's sub menus to automatically chose different DLP settings based on what source I chose, was not available on Harmonys back then.

That was five years ago though. I'm guessing Harmonys are much more robust now and I bet one would now suit my needs fine. I can not comment though because the touch screen URC I purchased back then is still serving me well, despite my habit of knocking it to the floor on a regular basis.

Sad to hear the page has degraded to a "fanboy" site since I lurked there but URC did have it's uses back then, for sure.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.