Originally Posted By: BobKay
Ken, I think's Mark's idea is the easiest and will leave you with the least damage when/if you decide to rearrange the room.

n.b. When removing anything attached to a painted surface, it's best to razor score all of the edges first. It will help keep the damage within the scored marks.

I like the profile-edged mounting plate. Sort of makes the QS's look like mounted big game trophies.

And though I DO like to scare people, it's not with this kind of stuff. Just wanted to point out the possible downsides before you dive into to something that's gonna get bigger that you imagined.

That clamshell (profile name) bsbd., (I think it is--it sure is on the window apron) may not sink before the floor level if it had been removed before the mfg'd. floor went down, then reapplied. It may be worth finding out. If it does sit on top of the floor, it'd be way easy to get off. Even if you damage it while removing it, it's only about $1.50 per linear foot. You'd still likely have to do some re-caulking and some edge painting.

Boy, this "being helpful" thing hurts. No swearing, no smarmy comments. Now I gotta go and find someone else's post to screw with.

And Bob, don't worry. Maybe you didn't swear but you used lot's of dirty words. "Easiest", "score", "mounting", "dive into to something", & "gonna get bigger that you imagined".

And that was just in the first half of your post. The second half gets even better.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.