chopa,
I was lucky enough to see Hendrix when he was at his prime, I did a quick search and even found the exact date and a lot of photos.

This is the show I attended, I'm amazed i had the price of admission.
In reply to:

Hendrix's first visit to Toronto was on Saturday, Feb. 24, 1968 to play a concert at the Coliseum Arena located on the grounds of the Canadian National Exhibition. The Coliseum was and still is used for horse shows and other similar events, but for a short time in 1968, local concert promoters used it for rock concerts. The Who and the Doors also performed there that year.

On this date in February, Hendrix appeared with the original Jimi Hendrix Experience - Noel Redding on bass and Mitch Mitchell on drums - to a capacity crowd of 6,000 fans who paid $4 for general admission. The concert had been promoted by CHUM radio, the leading AM radio station in Toronto at the time.

Opening the show were the Paupers, a local band from Toronto, and English jazz-rock group the Soft Machine, who had opened for the Experience on most of the shows during their hectic three-month tour of North America. The tour began Feb. 1 at the Fillmore Auditorium in San Francisco and ended on April 6 at the Westchester County Center in White Plains, N.Y.

for more go here http://www.eye.net/torontorockhistory/jimihendrix/frameset.htm

Getting to 2,000 posts; one year at a time vp160/qs8/qs4/SVS 2000/m60/Monolith 3x200 amp