J.B. i currently have my QS8's mounted on the celling about 2' or so behind the seating area. They are probably 4' above the seating area.

I think that this is a good location due to the spacial separation between your ears and the speakers. With the multi driver design, i have noticed in this set up that the sound "envelopes" you more than having the speakers closer to the listener. Again, i have had 4 different setups, many of them were severely space limited (military barracks living). The last place i lived (an apartment) i was using the stands, and the speakers were at ear level when sitting, and directly to the left and right of the respective seats. I did not like that setup as much as my current one because the speakers were only a couple feet away from your ears, and the effects/sound was not as enveloping due to the closeness of the speaker to the listener. i would say my current distance head to speaker is about 6-8' from my chair. more to the left and right than behind, if i had the room i would prefer them to be about 2-3' farther back than they currently are.

I hope this helps you in your decision, i have tried to be as precise with my reasoning as possible.