None of us is aware of the conditions of voting. Did they each get to vote for any # of players and make their own numbered list? Were they limited to 5, or 10? How did they do the tally? Some of the voters actually wrote a blurb on their fave. How'd that work?

It's just a list, compiled by individuals (experienced ones---good, bad, or ugly).
The results are always as wonky as the people playing the game. It IS a game.

We could each make our own list (that'd be fun). If it were tallied simply by how many times an individual was named, making him #1, we'd get one result. If it were tallied by how many times he was NAMED #1, we'd get something completely different.

Does anyone know a PhD statistician (some odd peeps)? There exists dissertaion after dissertation on polling/voting/lists, etc. Some of it, if you are a muddler, can be very eye opening.

I could/would never arrange my favorite artists, musicians, writers, etc. in ANY order. It's a preposterous idea for "truth," but it's super interesting. See how important it was here to, say, fans of Tom Morello?

Everyone of us has his/her own list. This was simply smooshing 50 people's lists together.

Rather than all the pages and all the blurbs and pix, I think it would have been more interesitng to publish each of the voters top 10. That way you wouldn't hate the poll, but rather the participants, individually. It's always more productive to engage focused anger.

And I woudn't take Dave Edmunds off my list for nuthin!

BJ1: Thanks for taking the time to post the entire list!

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.